Is it time to invest in your relationship and learn how to communicate in ways that help you feel understood and bring you closer? Maybe therapy isn’t right for you but you are interested in more of a hands-on, educational setting where you and your partner can learn the skills to create a safe, secure, loving, relationship.
What is a Hold Me Tight® workshop?
Dr. Sue Johnson developed the Hold Me Tight® program based on Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) and her book Hold Me Tight, Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love. EFT is based on 30 years of effective research understanding relationship repair, and adult love and bonding.
The focus of EFT is to help partners understand more clearly each other’s deepest emotions. Feelings are often hidden, unexpressed or misunderstood. In EFT we help couples learn how to deal with their feelings together and reach towards each other in ways that pull their partner closer instead of inadvertently pushing them away. The Hold Me Tight® workshop is a simplified version of EFT that is offered in an educational format. We meet from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday and 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Sunday. Coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided. Lunch is on your own. The workshop is held at 3509 Hulen St. Fort Worth, Texas 76107. Alternatively, I facilitate a weekly Hold Me Tight Workshop held Tuesday evenings 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm for six weeks.
At the Hold Me Tight Workshop
you will learn how to:
Engage in these Seven Transforming Conversations:
- Recognizing Demon Dialogues—In this first conversation, couples identify negative and destructive remarks in order to get to the root of the problem and figure out what each other is really trying to say.
- Finding the Raw Spots—Here, each partner learns to look beyond immediate, impulsive reactions to figure out what raw spots are being hit.
- Revisiting a Rocky Moment—This conversation provides a platform for de-escalating conflict and repairing rifts in a relationship and building emotional safety.
- Hold Me Tight—The heart of the program: this conversation moves partners into being more accessible, emotionally responsive, and deeply engaged with each other.
- Forgiving Injuries—Injuries may be forgiven but they never disappear. Instead, they need to become integrated into couples’ conversations as demonstrations of renewal and connection. Knowing how to find and offer forgiveness empowers couples to strengthen their bond.
- Bonding Through Sex and Touch—Here, couples find how emotional connection creates great sex, and good sex creates deeper emotional connection.
- Keeping Your Love Alive—This last conversation is built on the understanding that love is a continual process of losing and finding emotional connection; it asks couples to be deliberate and mindful about maintaining connection.
$595.00/per couple Fee includes:
- An engaging workshop focused on your relationship facilitated by an experienced couple’s therapist, Lee LeGrice, PhD, LCSW.
- A workbook full of helpful exercises.
- Hands on presentation of materials including videos of real couples working through Hold Me Tight ® exercises.
- Lots of time for you and your partner to have private conversations and practice skills.
- Coffee, tea and light snacks